Who are Isigi50Foundation ?
The name Isigi means " friends supporting Isigi " in the mission to Empower the youth with a target to support education of needy children. The symbol 50 means helping the guardian to meet 50% of the needs of the needy child ,leaving the parent with a responsibility to sustain the remaining 50%. Our Location We are in Silanga, Kibera slums of Nairobi. Our headquarters office is in Kingpin Children Center,which is 2 kilometers drive off Mbagathi Road,through High rise.
Isigi50Foundation(Isigi50) is initiated by Boss Isigi way back in January 2018 . Mr Isigi supported the first eight children out of his own pocket. Currently, the Foundation is focusing on Financial Youth Empowerment through establishing and supporting sustainable projects alongside supporting Education of the needy children in the community in Nyayo High Rise,Silanga,Kibera. Isigi50Foundation offers microfinance services to support member youths( between the age bracket between 18 years to 35 years). The Foundation creates sustainable projects for the unemployed youth .
We owe all praise and worship to God for the gift of life and good health. It is reasonable enough to show salute in respect the following people who are well responsible for our progress in Isigi50Foundation activities.
1. Dr Robert Zenhausern
Dr Robert is hosting this website domain in which Isigi50Foundation is displayed. Dr Robert is the President and C.E.O of Enabling Support Foundation(ESF). Boss Isigi is working under Dr. Robert as ESF volunteer. Isigi is now the Director of Education in Nairobi for ESF working with the grassroot Nairobi on the concept of Early Reading(Education21). Without the support of Dr Robert, Isigi50Foundation could not have found its print on the website.
2. Purpose (vision)& mission)
To empower the youthful parent population so that they can sustain their families Mission To empower the Youth through capacity building ( offering free entrepreneurial skills ) , microfinance services(savings and loaning) to help these youth develop self sustainable economic abilities that can guide them create jobs for themselves and others around them
3. Research , Monitoring and Evaluation (formative-ongoing,summative) +
We are focusing on improving our quality, our performance and productivity in relationship to our major goal. Formative research is done in every one month while summative research is done in every six months. This is done by sample interviews and written anonymous questionnaires. The internal auditor is one of the officials in the executive management. He has a committee that analyzes the service development in a household . Quick adopters are expected to lead a change in in than 3 months. Slow adopters are expected to show a positive change by the end of the first year.
All the possible recommendations out if reports compiled from our research will be updated in every six months. 6. Staffing and Leadership. Isigi50Foundation now operates with probono staff to reduce budget on salary and motivation. However the youths employed are paid on commission to encourage them to work more for more profit. Each task team has a leader who works on voluntary for 3 months and start getting paid on the the fourth month. This helps the youth to be motivated depending on the results of their efforts.
5. Membership - voluntary ( open door policy ) Anyone in sympathy with our objectives is welcomed to join Isigi50 voluntarily. Membership is by default of open door policy. This means you only join at will or drop out at will . You can be a member as either a youth, a parent/guardian,a champion, a well wishers, a church, an investor. Your membership depends on which category are you as described below;
- Youth- between the age of 18 years to 35 years of age. Registration fee is Ksh. 100 .
- Parent/guardian- any age bracket, register at Ksh. 100.
- Champion- any age. You should be a leader from your own background in the community. Either a leaders of a school , a youth group or a women group . You register by Ksh . 1,000 . You should be able to advocate and sensitize youth,both men and women to join or support Isigi50Foundation.
- Church- No age limit. You must be a church leader for the youth,women,men or you have influence in your church. No registration required, mutual open agreement will define the terms and conditions of partnership and membership.
6. How to register
Anyone can be a member to Isigi50 . Registration is simple; Send a text with your name starting with the word REGISTER to either;Phone number 0742-840-115 (Or email; firstname.lastname@example.org) For example , if your name is DARIUS , then your first text should simply look like this :-- " REGISTER DARIUS " A reply notification to your text will typically be quick in less than two minutes to guide you on how to register the growing Isigi50Foundation. Join Now
7. Benefits to members(we name them as donors)
This section justifies why you will benefit as a member. As a member you will benefit as follows:
- Every member can get a soft loan of 5% interest per week. Your loan limit increases as you proceed borrowing and paying back the loan on time.This means that if you borrow Ksh. 1,000 you pay back with only Ksh. 50 for a week. If you borrow Ksh 500,you will pay back with only Ksh. 25. You will get instant loans without a guarantor. The first loan limit is Ksh. 500 even without having any savings with us.
- Job opportunities. Isigi50Foundation is growing and it is in need of people to work within nearly every month. Members will be considered first, before hiring non-members .
- Member Parents/guardian of the children in Isigi50 program will get 50% support of the needs of one child for schooling per family , Therefore Isigi50 focuses on households as follows;
a.) Isigi50 pays only 50% per month of the school fee for every child registered in the program for the first 18 months. The rest of the fee is completed by the guardians.
b.) Isigi50 provides school basic uniform for the first 18 months. For boys,we provide one school bag,one dozen of writing exercise books, a shirt , a short and two pairs socks per year. For girls, we provide one school bag,one dozen of writing exercise books, dress, two pairs of socks.The guardian is expected to provide responsibly the remaining learning necessities required by the child.
8. Target population.
Isigi50Foundation targets to support the development of Sustainable Economic Activities of the Youths (18 to 35 years) to support education of the needy or underprivileged children ( orphans and unfortunate) of the age between 3years to 10 years.
10. Goals(roles) & objectives (services offered)
a) Help youth,women and men to develop sustainable projects through capacity building trainings.
b) Create job opportunities using local available market and demand to eradicate poverty
c) Promote quality basic education to the needy and less fortunate children in the slums of Kibera .
d) Sponsor youth in pursuing education in ECDE.
11. Achievements (Recent advances)
- Sponsores 10 youth to pursue Diploma in ECDE.
- Increased child sponsorship - we have increased the number of children we have sponsored from 8 to 10 children
- Successfully sponsored preschool children who will be given school uniform besides bursary for school fee and stationary.
- For the first time,members will be able to get soft loan at a 5% interest per week.The first loan is Ksh. 500. The loan increases the more a members repays it on time.
12. Consequences(possible solutions)
Positive consequences of the Foundation is that;-
- It brings genuine friends together who has unity of purpose with passion with the youth and needy children.
- (i50) has been able to support needy children (orphans & unfortunate) by raising 50% of the basic needs of education of the 10/children within our program.
- (i50) has created employment to the youth at a commission pay. This gives youth the chance to develop themselves.
- (i50) provides free entrepreneurship training and consultancy to all youth enrolled in the program.
13. Important response (Systematic approach)
The whole organization in Isigi50Foundation calls for all friends to come together and have one voice ,one acord. Pulling all little resources we have together makes a different. Some come with friends,some come with gifts,networks or prayers and encouragement .
14. Challenges (Emerging issues)
The response is low from the community because very few people are willing to register. Some people fail to join because they feel it is a coning trick . Such people are very suspicious and they end up asking so many questions without joining. Some people in the society are suspicious that maybe Isigi50Foundation is an online scam like any other pyramid scams,so they luck confidence with us. Other people think that there is a sponsor who supports our activities but we do not disclose. They don't easily trust that we do not have money or resources, they take long to understand that we have not gotten any sponsor yet.
15. Areas requiring improvement
We need to mobilize more resources from more economic activities and stop waiting for Mr. Isigi out of pocket. We need to seek more network with other like mindedpeople and institutions to help us source through fundraisers and sponsorship. We also need to involve to develop Sustainable projects for long term sustainability.
With much resources and financial stability in place,we can be able enroll more needy children and more youth into our program. It will take time,but with consistency,we shall make it.
17. Source of Funding(Resources)
(i50) quotation and budget us farm more than our current avenues of financial resource.The main source of funding at this time is from Mr Boss Isigi. The foundation is now establishing other sources of funds like microfinance and small scale business projects. The Program should generate funds to catter for school fee payment ,buying of school necessities, paying of trainers and expansion . There is need to find better ways of sourcing more funds by such as occasional fundraising, donations from well wishers and sustainable economic activities.
20. Sensitization & Advocacy (set roles).
We are sensitizing the community about Isigi50Foundation using our champions Champions are all the willing leaders of the community who has come in to join effort with Isigi50Foundation to reach out to more youth and needy children in the community. You should be a leader from your own background in Kibera community. They are either leaders of a school , a church , a youth group or a women group . They have registered with a commitment fee.
Are you touched and interested? Do you have anything to share with us? Join us now. You can help us with your help in form of either ;your prayers, your expertise in entrepreneurial skill for the guardian development, volunteer to train in our workshops , donate to school fee sponsorship , connecting us to like minded networks that can either support our activities or support the children or other forms of support. You are warmly welcome.